Cupping therapy is the method of placing a cup over the skin and applying suction and negative pressure along the meridian channels and strives to dredge the channels pathway and stimulate free flow of Qi.
- The theory behind cupping
- Sedate nerve system – known as “provide relief through a pressure”
- Encourage blood flow
- Stimulate lymphatic drainage in the area being treat
- Promotes healing
- Cupping is combined with acupuncture in one treatment, but it can also be used alone.
How the cupping work
- Initially it pulls blood into an area of cupping. The tissues get saturated with fresh blood while the vacuum pulls stagnant blood out of the area.
- As new blood is forced into the tissues around the cups the body will begin to develop new blood vessel formation
- As the new vessels form they will have the capability to feed the tissues with nutrient and oxygen, thus it induces healing process
- When the vacuum occurs it causes separation of the different layers of tissue which can cause micro trauma and minor inflammation.
- Inflammation is the first line of healing. The body releases white blood cells, platelets, fibroblasts and other healing chemicals to promote healing.
Visit our Rawai or Laguna Phuket Branch for a private consultation.