Is It Possible to Restore Hormone Balance?
Hormone imbalance can result from disorders from the Endocrine system or some cancer types. Inability to maintain a healthy level of hormones in the body counteracts the body’s natural feedback system resulting in unpleasant symptoms like mood dysfunction, mood problems, and sexual dysfunction.
What are Hormones?
Hormones are chemical substances that act like ”messengers.” They travel from one part of the body to the next and help organize functions healthily and systematically. Hormones play a significant role in performing the physiologic and metabolic processes of the body.
There are many hormones in the body, but estrogen, cortisol, insulin, progesterone, and testosterone are the most common hormones prone to imbalance or instability. The signs and symptoms of hormone imbalance depend on the hormone involved.
What Can I Take to Balance My Hormones?
There are herbs and natural supplements that can help mitigate the symptoms associated with hormonal imbalance.
- Primrose oil helps with hot flashes, eczema, and arthritis discomfort.
- Red clover has an estrogen-like effect and helps in reducing menopause-association symptoms.
- Ginseng has a positive effect on psychological diseases and stress.
How to Lose Weight While on Hormone Replacement Therapy?
Hormone replacement therapy has a beneficial outcome on weight. A clinical study reveals that women who undergone the therapy after three (3) months did not only inhibit weight gain. Hormone replacement also shows to encourage weight loss by stimulating lipid oxidation. In addition to weight control, hormone replacement therapy improves insulin sensitivity and cellular energy expenditure.
How to Cure Hormonal Imbalance?
The good news is it is possible to fix hormonal imbalance. By proper diet, lifestyle changes, natural therapies, and medication, hormone balance and restoration are achievable.
- Diet. Consume healthy fats like fatty fish and eggs regularly. Also, eat mindfully and avoid overeating.
- Natural therapy. A naturopath can help address the hormonal imbalance by examining the person in detail – considering its medical history and lifestyle. The therapist tailors a plan specific to the needs of the individual in fixing hormonal imbalance.
- Medications. Certain drugs help treat hormone imbalance – the majority of them are treatment options for women. Eflornithine and Clomiphene are examples of these. On the other hand, some medications help block the effects of a particular hormone. For instance, bromocriptine works by counteracting the effects of prolactin. On the other hand, carbimazole helps the overactive thyroid gland in control.
How Can I Balance my Hormones?
Besides the treatment options, it is possible to maintain healthy levels of hormones with the following:
- Take care of your gut. Gut health impacts hormones. Particular hormones like estrogens are metabolized in the stomach. Keep up a healthy gastrointestinal tract by eating yogurt and consuming fermented foods like kimchi and miso regularly.
2. Add a mineral dietary supplement to your diet. Magnesium not only relieves hormonal imbalance in women but also helps alleviate stress and encourages better sleep.
3. Get proper sleep. Sleep-deprived individuals are associated with a high level of stress hormone or cortisol. Too much cortisol in the body is counterproductive, and so, getting a good number of sleeping hours is an effective way to keep the hormone at a healthy level.
4. Move about and get around. People who have deficient hormone levels can benefit from regular exercise. Physical activity improves hormone levels, particularly estradiol and testosterone.
5. Keep fish oils in the cupboard. Clinical evidence shows that omega- 3 supplementation or eating fatty fish two (2) times a week can help prevent and treat hormonal imbalance.
The symptoms associated with hormonal imbalance can be a nuisance. However, following these suggestions can help fix a hormonal imbalance – or at least, mitigate the symptoms associated with it.