Genetic testing are medical tests provide a scientific method to check for genetic disorders and have become more popular in recent years for early screening. Genetic testing is a helpful first step in determining a person’s chance of developing or passing on a genetic disorder.
What Do Genetic Tests Show?
Genetic testing identifies changes in your genes, proteins or chromosomes and can assist with:
- Diagnosing your disease
- Pinpointing genetic factors that may cause your disease
- Revealing genetic factors that increase your risk of disease
- Predicting the severity of your disease
- Assisting with medicine selection and dosage
- Finding genetic factors that could be passed on to your children
- Screening newborns for certain conditions
Visit our branch in Rawai and Laguna Phuket for a private consultation.