Simple but Extremely Effective Ways to Lose Weight
Not everyone who tries to lose weight is successful. However, it’s not that losing weight is too difficult, very few people can succeed. People don’t lose weight because they consider the process too long, require extreme discipline, or take a long time. Because of these perceptions, people are discouraged in the beginning.
Those who have been able to start the weight loss process get discouraged and give up if they don’t see any improvement in the first few days or weeks.
The most important thing to think about when trying to lose weight and implement a weight loss program is that losing weight is a journey. It starts from point A to point B. The road to your final goal is not always easy (like everything in life!), Bumps and deviations can occur, but if you stick to a proven weight loss plan, you will be successful.
You can do it! The trick is to have the right attitude towards weight loss strategies.
Once you’ve conditioned yourself and adopted the right mindset, you should consider these four really simple, yet extremely effective, ways to lose weight.
1. Eat properly
Diets are everywhere – on the Internet, in magazines, on TV. But do they really work?
These diets can help someone to lose weight, but the problem is that weight loss is short-term, once a person loses weight and leaves the diet, the weight returns – and often with great force! In the end, people gain more weight than they have lost.
Side note: if you stop eating junk food, it’s not only good for your health, it can also save you hundreds of dollars!
The best and easiest way to lose weight is to eat properly. You don’t have to suddenly switch from your current habit of eating fast food and junk food only to healthy foods. You can do it slowly and gradually. Make small changes to your meals and your way of eating, such as:
- If you always snack between meals instead of eating chips, why don’t you have fresh fruit instead?
- Eat 6 smaller meals a day instead of 3 large meals. This increases your metabolism and the fat burning process becomes faster.
- Eat only when you are hungry therefore it is important for you to know when you are hungry.
- Take fresh fruit and vegetables whenever you can and minimize the consumption of canned fruits and vegetables.
- Cook your own meals and wrap lunch instead of always eating out.
- Become natural and choose foods grown or organically grown as they contain many more nutrients. Prepare organic eggs, products from organically grown cattle and poultry, fresh fruit and vegetables, herbs, and fresh fish on your daily menus.
- Reduce the consumption of sugary substances. Sugar contains empty calories which makes weight gain so easy. It also makes you susceptible to diseases like heart disease and osteoporosis.
Remember, do it gradually and don’t shock your system. If you suddenly choose a diet that completely cuts you off from the foods you’re used to, it can cause failure.
Your body will experience withdrawal-like symptoms that make trying to lose weight more difficult than it really is. Follow the changes with ease and don’t suddenly put pressure on yourself to introduce a completely new diet.
Drink lots of water.
It really helps you lose weight and maintain a healthier weight. It’s a secret weapon that so few people really use.
Hydration is the key to a healthy body. The human body literally lives on water and minerals – more than 70% of it is made up of water! Our brain is made up of over 75% water, our blood 80% water, and our liver 96% water!
A drop in our body’s water level of just 5% can already lead to a significant drop in our energy level and our minds may not function well. Death can be caused by a 15% drop in our body’s hydration rate!
Water is very important for us to live and function properly and to maintain our health. It helps the body burn fat, metabolizes stored fat, and eliminates excess fat and toxins.
Here are some tips to use water to help you lose weight:
- If you eat a lot, drink water instead of looking for your favorite junk food or candy bar. If you wish, you can also replace calorie-free drinks with water.
- Drink a glass of water before each meal. This prevents you from feeling too hungry so you can easily watch what and how much you eat.
- If you drink a lot of water before training, you can get more because you feel full of energy.
- Drink water when you are hungry. Sometimes the body confuses hunger with thirst. Instead of drinking, you end up eating when you are really thirsty.
Water isn’t just an appetite, it’s also a great way to prevent bloating and constipation. How much water should you drink every day to achieve optimal health?
The ideal amount of water for you is half your body weight in ounces. For example, if you weigh 150 pounds, the ideal amount of water to drink every day is 75 ounces.
The mere word is enough to discourage most people! This is because people think they have to do heavy workouts all the time until they reach the weight they aim for.
The truth is, exercise is a crucial part of weight loss. You can’t lose much if you improve your eating habits and drink enough water. You really have to sweat to lose a few pounds.
However, it is not necessary to plan a heavy workout, hire a personal trainer to lose weight or go to the gym three or four times a week.
Your workout doesn’t have to be difficult or take time to lose extra pounds.
Here are some simple ways to train without too much effort:
- Even a 5-minute walk starts your body’s natural fat burners. So, go whenever you can. Maybe you can leave home earlier than usual to go to the bus stop or work.
Park your car in the back of the parking lot and you have the opportunity to walk.
- Take the stairs wherever you are; Your office building, apartment, shopping mall, etc.
- Are there practice groups in your neighborhood? These groups usually train in the parks early in the morning. When you join a group of people with the same interests or goals, training is more fun.
- Learn to dance.
It’s really easy to add some exercise to your daily life. You just have to go out and do it!
4. Keep an eye on your incentives
Think about incentives to stay motivated, inspired, and motivated, and keep an eye on these incentives. If you reward yourself after each success, the job seems less difficult.
Decide how much you want to lose, divide it into reachable points, and reward yourself for every effort. For example, you want to lose 60 pounds. Divide it into 5-pound increments and reward yourself for every 5 pounds you lose.
Your rewards are yours and should be reasonable rewards, e.g. For example, cash, new clothes, films, new books, new accessories, etc. These don’t have to be expensive, just little things you know you want and deserve if you keep track of the weight loss program.
Aside from material rewards, there are also nonphysical rewards that you can say to yourself if you persevere. These immaterial rewards include feeling better, having more self-confidence and being more confident.
From a health perspective, you can escape chronic diseases such as high blood pressure or high cholesterol, better sleep and better mobility.
A few last words: keep your weight away
Once you have reached your ideal weight, you should be careful not to regain the lost weight. There are ways you can make sure that the lost weight stays lost. Here are some useful tips:
- Never skip meals, especially breakfast. Your body goes into fasting mode when it is resting at night. When you wake up in the morning, you have to break up so quickly by eating. If you don’t eat, you will feel hungry and (a) eat more than necessary or (b) wait until noon, forcing your metabolism to slow down and store fat. So, don’t skip your meals.
- Keep a food diary. Write down what you eat every day so you know which foods facilitate weight gain and which foods help you maintain weight.
- Check your weight every week. This way you can find out if you have gained or lost weight or if nothing has changed at all. This goes hand in hand with monitoring food.
- Follow a realistic nutrition and exercise program. Your diet and exercise should be realistic enough to follow you after reaching your ideal weight. This will help you maintain your healthy weight as good eating and exercise have become a habit.
So, if you’re having trouble losing weight after trying several unsuccessful weight loss programs, don’t give up. Instead, change your attitude and perception. Don’t consider weight loss as something you can’t achieve. When you’ve got the right mindset, use the various methods described in this article to start a smoother journey to a healthier and fitter person.
Guest Blog by Sola Kolawole
About the Author: